JOB TITLE: SDG PROGRAM OFFICER
EXPECTED TIME TO START: FROM NOVEMBER 2021
GRADE: 2-3 (IN THE GRADE LEVEL OF MSD)
VENUE: HANOI WITH SOME TRAVELS TO OTHER PROVINCES AND COUNTRIES WHEN NECESSARY
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organisation established on March 05, 2008.
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, where civil society plays as an effective independent actor/ partner with their own rights and the rights of marginalized and vulnerable communities are respected.
As a Vietnamese non-governmental organisation, MSD is taking efforts to enable environment for the development of civil society sector and to promote the rights of marginalised groups, especially children, youth, women and people with disabilities.
Slogan: We create values and achieve local impact in a niche market. We work effectively and efficiently through mutual learning, inspiring and innovative intervention.
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES: MSD is working based on shared values that we believe that not only our staff but also other partners are aiming at. They are
• Equitable partnerships
• Networking and solidarity
• Inclusion and People empowerment
• Good governance
• Innovative intervention
• Enable – to build capacity and promote CSO’s engagement in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advocate for CSOs’ enabling
• Partner – to promote Business engagement in CSR/CSV as well as SDGs and Child-friendly principles sustainable development
• Educate and Intervene – to educate and promote the rights of children and youth and their families
Expected results: In 2021 – 2025 MSD focuses its efforts and resources in their main areas of results as the followings:
To support MSD team to achieve the best results, we are in need of a SDG Program Officer to support the organization.The position can be junior or senior upon your qualification and experience.
B. ASSIGNEMENT REQUESTS
1. Assignment purpose: The Program Officer (PO) will, with the assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to manage and execute MSD’s programs/project activities.
2. Working location: mainly in Hanoi and possible travels to project sites in Dong Anh, Bavi, Hanoi, Hoa Binh, Hung Yen, Lao Cai, Ha Tinh, Hue, Quang Tri, Danang, Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, Tra Vinh and Hochiminh City and some other provinces and countries when assigned. The travel cost and perdiem will be in line with MSD’s cost norm system.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Program manager and/or Program Director;
4. Supervision: Project Assistants, Interns, Volunteers.
5. Main responsibilities:
– Management and operation: Managing and/or implementing projects/programs of MSD throughout project/program management cycle (design, develop plan, coordinating the implementation, monitoring and evaluation). The main assigned projects for this posts in 2021 – 2022 are but not limited to:
1. Project 152 LNOB: playing as Left No One Behind network’s secretariat and assistant to MSD Executive Director to implement the network’s actvities, focusing on SDGs, promoting citizen generated data project;
2. Project 154 SHINHAN: assist Program Director in cooridnating the startups and CSOs partnership in creating social impacts for disadvantaged people in Vietnam; of MSD and other project’s execution activities;
3. Project 155 SDG Research: Assist in conducting relevant researches focusing on SDG, Responsible business, Philanthropy, etc.
4. Projects on children, youth and women empowerment
– Coordinate the Youth Leader network of MSD;
– Support event organization and communication of MSD in general,
– Document the project and provide updates/ communciation for projects in charge;
6. Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
– Play as the key role in MSD with high potential of motivation to become a Project/Program Manager;
– Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
– Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grades 2 to 3;
– Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– BA degree is required with background relating to management, communication, social works or related fields; master degree is a plus;
– Experience in project management is needed; experience in NGO and SDGs is preferred;
– Strategic thinking and analysis; Good planning and note-taking skills, research and data analysis skill is preferred;
– High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Work independent and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to works.
Interested candidates can send questions or applications (CV and resume letter) to the email address: email@example.com with subject: PO 2021_Name of the Applicant (e.g: PO 2021 – Linh Pham) as soon as possible before 17.00 30/10/2021. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted. We will give priority to early application and will finish the recruitment when finding a suitable candidate.