Job title: Youth Program Officer
Deadline of Application: 17.04.2023
Expected time to start: From April, 2023
Grade: 2-3 (in the grade level of MSD)
Location: Hanoi with some travels to other provinces and countries when necessary
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organization established on March 05, 2008.We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
We are taking efforts to improve sustainable lives for the vulnerable groups by mobilizing caring power and united partnership to build an ecosystem for
SLOGAN: Live United – Creating trends, leadingchange
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES:
MOBILIZATION: Mobilizing caring power, investment, and good practice for social impact
SOLUTION: Providing the stop and comprehensive and effective solution services to improve sustainable lives in (1) Education for Development; (2) Income Mobility; and (3) Environmental health
DEVELOPMENT: Advocating for enabling environment/ecosystem for sustainable development
1. Assignment purpose: The Youth Program Officer will, with the assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to manage and execute MSD’s youth-related programs/project activities.
2. Working location: Mainly in Hanoi and possible travels to project sites and countries when assigned. The travel fee and perdiem will be under MSD’s cost norm system.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: Directly report to and be supported/coached by Deputy Executive Director and/or Program Director/Manager;
4. Supervision: project assistants/ interns; volunteers.
5. Main responsibilities:
– Management and operation: Managing and/or implementing youth-related projects/programs of MSD throughout project/program management cycle (design, plan development, implementation coordination, monitoring and evaluation). The main targeted audiences for this program are the youth regardless of backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions in relation with the community. The main assigned projects for this posts in 2023 onwards are but not limited to:
• Project “ Youth United” sponsored by Hope Foundation – Shinhan Financial Group within the framework of Shinhan Square Bridge Vietnam: coordinate the project on developing personal and cooperation capacity, leadership quality of young people and manage and oversee youth-led innitiatives, please find more information at https://livinglabvietnam.org/vi/initiatives/chinh-thuc-mo-don-dang-ki-chuong-trinh-dynagen-live-united/ ;
• Project “Empowering and Incubating social entreupreneurship and innovation to create social impacts for Vietnamese Youth” sponsored by Happiness Foundation – SK Group: coordinate the project to foster and incubate young people with the potential to become social entrepreneurs, leaders, and/or product/initiative owners who plan and develop solutions to address diverse social problems in Vietnam.
• Projects/Research on promoting and empowering youth role in Sustainable Development Goals, innovation, social inclusion, and gender equality.
– Coordinate and develop the Youth Leader network of MSD;
– Support event organization and communication of MSD in general;
– Document the project and provide updates/ communication for projects in charge.
6. Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
– Play as the key role in MSD with high potential of motivation to become Project/Program Manager;
– Working in the professional, dynamic, and healthy environment of MSD;
– Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignmentis in grades 2 to 3;
– Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
– BA degree is required with a background relating to project management, business, innovation, communication, social works, or related social science; a master degree is a plus;
–Experience in project management is needed; experience in NGO is preferred;
– Gender equality knowledge and experience is an advantage;
–Strategic thinking and analysis; Good planning and note-taking skills, research and data analysis skill is preferred;
– High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Work independent and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to works.
Interested candidates can send questions or applications (CV and cover letter) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: YPO 2023_Name of the Applicant (e.g: YPO 2023 – Nguyen Van A) as soon as possible before 17.00, 15/04/2023. The only short-listed candidate will be contacted. We will give priority to early application and will finish the recruitment when finding a suitable candidate.