Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese Non- governmental Organization established on March 05, 2008.
From 2021, MSD officially becomes United Way Vietnam – a member of United Way Worldwide – the largest global network of non-profit organizations.
Vision: We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and health lives.
Mission: MSD – United Way Vietnam is taking efforts to improve sustainable lives by mobilizing the caring power to the united partnership of an ecosystem for sútainable development.
Core values and principles:
(1) Live United
(2) Equitable Partnership
(3) Inclusion and people empowerment
(4) Good governance, transparency and accountability (5) Innovation and Inspiration
Slogan: Live United – Creating trends, leading changes Approach:
• Mobilization: Mobilizing caring power, investment, and good practice for social impact.
• Solution: Providing the stop, comprehensive and effective solution services to improve sustainable lives in (1) Education for Development; (2) Income Mobility; and (3) Environmental Health.
• Development: Advocating for enabling environment/ecosystem for sustainable development.
To support the MSD – United Way Vietnam team to achieve the best results, we need of a Senior Communication Officer to support the organization to manage the communication portfolio in general.
B. ASSIGNEMENT REQUESTS
- Assignment purpose: The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) will, with assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to coordinate the overall communication and network development strategies to (i) promote the MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders through awareness raising, public relations and campaigning; (ii) communicate effectively MSD’s programs to target audience; and (iii) manage communication database and resources.
- Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travels to Hue, Da Nang, Hochiminh city, and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
- Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Program Director, and MSD Excutive Director;
- Supervision: Communication officer, assistants, interns, volunteers.
- Main responsibilities:
5.1 Promote MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders:
- Develop and deliver MSD’s communication strategy and workplan;
- Develop and manage relationships with media and build relationship with strategic communication partners/ collaborators;
- Develop and manage communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters, communication materials package, publications, events, etc.);
- Develop indicators for effective communication and quarterly report on the communication effectiveness;
- Develop branding’s initiatives to enhance MSD’s visibility and position.
5.2. Communicate MSD’s programs to to target audience:
- Develop and deliver programs’ communication strategies and workplan in consistence with the organization’s strategy;
- Lead innovative campaigns and organize events to promote public and multi-stakeholders’ understanding about the intervention programs;
- Develop and manage the communication database and library for the programs;
5.3. Manage organization’s database and resources for communication purposes:
- Manage the customer database software of MSD
- Support the process of developing information database and resources for MSD and its programs;
- Promote and manage communication processes
5.4. Other activities:
- Coordinate communication fellows and volunteers
- Provide interpretation and translation when necessary
- Work plan: workplan of MSD strategy
- Travel: This assignment requires some travel in Vietnam and/or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will under MSD’s cost norm system.
- Play as the key role in MSD with high potential of motivation to become communication manager;
- Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
- Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grade 2 or 3;
- Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
- National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA degree is required with background relating to management, communication or social works; master degree is a plus;
- Experience in communication is needed; experience in NGO communication is preferred;
- Strategic thinking and analysis;
- High command of written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
- Design skills and professional use of design softwares like Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, etc.
- Work independent and professionally; good team work;
- High commitment with works.
Interested candidates can send questions or application (CV and resume letter) to email address: email@example.com with subject: SCO 2023_Name of the Applicant (e.g: SCO 2023 – Loan Le) before 17.00, 15/7/2023. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
MSD is an organization working for the best benefits of children and has a child- safeguarding policy. All staff is required to strictly follow the child-safeguarding policy and committed to develop an enabling and safe environment to children. Alcohol and tobaco use is strictly prohibited at work.