Job title: Child and Youth Program Intern (CYPI)
Expected time to start: Beginning of April 2023 or sooner if possible
Venue: MSD Ha Noi Office
A. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS:
- Assignment purpose: The CYPI will support his/her direct supervisor and the team to manage and execute MSD’ program/project activities.
- Working location: mainly in Hanoi and work trips in several provinces.
- Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by the Program Management Officer, and/or Program Director.
- Supervision: Volunteers.
- Main responsibilities: Providing assistance to projects/programs of the MSD throughout the project/program management cycle (designing, developing the plan, coordinating the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation). The main assigned projects for this position in 2023 are but are not limited to:
(1) Project Safer cities for girls: support Program Management Officer in implementing project activities, ensuring the goal of the project is cities of Vietnam are safer, friendly, and responsible for girls as well as vulnerable communities such as LGBTIQ+, women, etc. These activities include advocacy policies, training for state partners, and capacity building for communities and society through communication, dialogue, and various forms.
(2) Project Safe School Zone: support Program Management Officer in implementing activities to build facilities, soft skills, and training to improve knowledge on traffic safety and school safety for children, parents, schools, and authorities at all levels in Hanoi.
(3) Project STEMkidVN: support Program Management Officer in implementing activities to integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education into primary and secondary schools and inspire students in the rural and remote uplands of Vietnam to discover the excitement of science.
(4) Project ROTA: support Program Management Officer in coordinating research project about “Role and contribution of youth in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”.
(5) Youth Programme: support the Project Management Officer to connect and coordinate the MSD’s youth network, as well as increase the participation of young people, especially from disadvantaged groups in MSD projects/programs.
- Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
– Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
– Learning opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in related topics.
– Monthly allowance.
B. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– Graduated or final year of bachelor’s in social science, social works, or related fields;
– Ensure compliance with regulations on protection of children’s rights, without any violations and harm to children’s rights and interests;
– Experienced working with vulnerable communities, such as children, LGBTIQ+, people with disability, ethnic minorities, migrant people, and so on.
– High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Strategic thinking and analysis;
– Strong MS Office;
– Work independently and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to work. Being able to commit for at least 6 months.
Interested candidates can send questions or application (CV and Cover Letter) to the email address: email@example.com with the subject of: PI 2023_Name of the Applicant (e.g: PI 2023_Linh Pham) as soon as possible before 23.59, 30/3/2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We will give priority to early application and will finish the recruitment when finding a suitable candidate.