Job title: SDG Program Officer
Expected time to start: June 2022
Grade: 2-3 (in the grade level of MSD)
Venue: Hanoi with some travels to other provinces and countries when necessary
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese Non-governmental Organization established on March 05, 2008.
From 2021, MSD officially becomes United Way Vietnam – a member of United Way Worldwide – the largest global network of non-profit organizations.
Vision: We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
Mission: MSD – United Way Vietnam is taking efforts to improve sustainable lives by mobilizing the caring power to the united partnership of an ecosystem for sútainable development.
Core values and principles:
- Live United
- Equitable Partnership
- Inclusion and people empowerment
- Good governance, transparency, and accountability
- Innovation and Inspiration
Slogan: Live United – Creating trends, leading changes
- Mobilization: Mobilizing caring power, investment, and good practice for social impact.
- Solution: Providing the stop, comprehensive and effective solution services to improve sustainable lives in (1) Education for Development; (2) Income Mobility; and (3) Environmental Health.
- Development: Advocating for enabling environment/ecosystem for sustainable development.
To support the MSD – United Way Vietnam team to achieve the best results, we need an SDG Program Officer to support the organization to manage the SDGs and CSO program and do communication work for the program and MSD in general. The position can be junior or senior upon your qualification and experience.
B. ASIGNEMENT REQUESTS
- Purpose: the Program Officer (PO) will, with the assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to manage and execute MSD’s programs/project activities;
- Working location: mainly in Hanoi and possible travels to project sites, and some other provinces and countries when assigned. The travel fee and perdiem will be under MSD’s cost norm system;
- The job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Program Manager and or Program Director;
- Supervision: Project Assistants, Interns, Volunteers;
- Main responsibilities:
- Management and operation: Managing and/or implementing projects/programs of MSD throughout the project/program management cycle (design, develop a plan, coordinate the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation). The main assigned projects for this post are but are not limited to:
- LNOB project: playing as Left No One Behind network’s secretariat and assistant to MSD Executive Director to implement the network’s activities, focusing on SDGs, promoting citizen-generated data project;
- Shinhan Square Bridge project: assist Program Director in coordinating the startups and CSO’s partnership in creating social impacts for disadvantaged people in Vietnam; of MSD and other project’s execution activities;
- SDG Research: Assist in conducting relevant research focusing on SDG, Responsible business, Philanthropy, etc.
- Coordinate the Youth Leader network of MSD;
- Support event organization and communication of MSD in general;
- Document the project and provide updates/ communication for projects in charge.
- Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
- Play the key role in MSD with a high potential of motivation to become a Project/Program Manager;
- Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD – United Way Vietnam;
- Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grades 2 to 3;
- Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders, and experts;
- National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics;
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A BA degree is required with a background relating to management, communication, social work, or related fields; a master’s degree is a plus;
- Experience in project management is needed; experience in NGOs and SDGs is preferred;
- Strategic thinking and analysis; Good planning and note-taking skills, and research and data analysis skill is preferred;
- High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
- Work independent and professionally; good teamwork;
- High commitment to work.
Interested candidates can send applications (CV and Cover Letter) to the email address: email@example.com with the subject: PO 2022_Name of the Applicant (e.g: PO 2022_Linh Pham) as soon as possible before 17:00, 30/05/2022.
The only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. We will give priority to early application and will finish the recruitment when finding a suitable candidate.