Job assignment: Supporting the Children and Youth program of MSD
Job title: Program Officer
Expected time to start: From June 1st, 2022 (or sooner if possible)
Grade: 2 (in the grade level of MSD)
Venue: Hanoi based with some travel to Hue, Danang, and Hochiminh city and other provinces and other countries when necessary
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organization established on March 05, 2008.
We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
MSD – United Way Vietnam is taking efforts to improve sustainable lives by mobilizing the caring power to the united partnership of an ecosystem for sustainable development
Slogan: Live United – Creating trends, leading changes
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES:
- Live United
- Equitable Partnership
- Inclusion and people empowerment
- Good governance, transparency & accountability
- Innovation and Inspiration
- MOBILIZATION: Mobilizing caring power, investment, and good practice for social impact
- SOLUTION: Providing the stop and comprehensive and effective solution services to improve sustainable lives in (1) Education for Development; (2) Income Mobility; and (3) Environmental health
- DEVELOPMENT: Advocating for enabling environment/ecosystem for sustainable development
Expected results: In 2021 – 2025 MSD focuses its efforts and resources on their main areas of results as the followings:
To support the MSD team to achieve the best results, we are in need of a Program Officer to support the organization to manage the Children and Youth program and do communication work for the program and MSD in general.
B. ASSIGNEMENT REQUESTS
- Assignment purpose: to provide effective support for the Children and Youth program manager to implement the development strategy of MSD in 2021 – 2025.
- Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travel to Hue, Da Nang, Hochiminh city, and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
- The job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by the program manager and program director of MSD.
- Main responsibilities:
- Management and operation: Managing the implementation of Children and Youth projects/programs throughout the project/program management cycle (design, develop the plan, coordinate the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation);
- Support in MSD works at regional and international levels of Child Rights Governance and Advocacy;
- Manage project 157- Increased Accountability to Eliminate Violence and Discrimination Against Children with Disabilities (AVAC) with 3 following outcomes: Children, especially children with disabilities, are supported by high capacity CSOs and relevant stakeholders to participate meaningfully and be protected from all kinds of violence.
+ Outcome 1: Empowerment of individuals and children: Children, including CWD, their mothers, fathers, and/or caregivers, have knowledge and skills on child protection and child participation.
+ Outcome 2: CSOs and their networks, including networks of people with disabilities, have full capacity to raise children’s voices and concerns on PHP and online abuse.
+ Outcome 3: Government and other duty-bearers to support and promote meaningful child participation and the right to be protected in physical and virtual contexts (homes, schools, communities, online).
- Manage children-related projects/activities such as SNET – Responsible Digital Citizen, Child protection against violence and sexual abuse, a new life page, water ambassador, etc.
- Support event organization and communication of MSD in general
- Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy and Children and Youth program Strategy
- Travel: This assignment requires travel to Hue/Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will be under MSD’s cost norm system.
- Reporting and job performance appraisal:
- Reporting: The project officer will self-prepare his/her work plan and direct report to the MSD Program Director on monthly basis his/her work plan and the level of completion; In addition to the monthly report, the half-year and final year report will be required. The report form will also be provided;
- Job performance appraisal: The job performance appraisal will be conducted annually as the appraisal system of MSD in alignment with this job assignment.
- Play the key role in MSD with a high potential of motivation to become a project manager;
- Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
- Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grades 1-2;
- Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders, and experts;
- National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree in major relating to Strategy and Management, Project Management or Social work relating to Children and Family, Knowledge on CSOs and Child Rights issues in Vietnam.
- Skills: Have leadership skills. Fluent in English in all 4 skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking; Good communication skills, and computer skills;
- Working attitude: Creative, determined, results-oriented, self-management, ready to learn and share
Interested candidates should send their CVs and resume in Engish to email: email@example.com, with the subject of “PO 2022_(name of applicant)” (e.g: “PO 2022_ Anh Nguyen) as soon as possible. We will scan the application and contact directly with the appropriate candidate(s) from this job announcement is released on a first come first serve basis. The deadline for application is May 30th, 2022.