A. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS:
1. Assignment purpose: The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) will, with assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to coordinate the overall communication and network development strategies to (i) promote the MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders through awareness raising, public relations and campaigning; (ii) communicate MSD’s programs to targeted audience; and (iii) manage communication database and resources
2. Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travels to Dong Anh, Bac Giang, Hue, Danang and Hochiminh city and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Program Director, and MSD Excutive Director;
4. Supervision: Communication and event officers, Interns, Volunteers.
5. Main responsibilities:
5.1 Promote MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders:
• Develop and deliver MSD’s communication strategy and workplan;
• Develop and management relationships with media and build relationship with strategic communication partners/ collaborators;
• Develop and manage communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters, communication materials package, publications, events, etc.);
• Develop indicators for effective communication and quarterly report on the communication effectiveness;
• Develop branding’s initiatives to enhance MSD’s visibility and position in CSO sector in national and international level.
5.2. Communicate MSD’s programs to targeted audience:
• Develop and deliver programs’ communication strategies and workplan in consistence with the organization’s strategy;
• Coordinate innovative campaigns and organize events to promote public and multi-stakeholders’ understanding about the intervention programs;
• Develop and manage the communication database and library for the programs;
5.3. Manage organization’s database and resources for communication purposes:
• Manage the customer database software of MSD
• Support the process of developing information database and resources for MSD and its programs;
• Promote and manage communication processes
5.4. Other activities:
• Coordinate communication officers, fellows and volunteers
• Provide interpretation and translation when necessary
6. Work plan: workplan of MSD strategy
This assignment requires travel to Hue, Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will under MSD’s cost norm system.
– Play as the key role in MSD with high potential of motivation to become MSD’s communication manager;
– Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
– Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grade 2 to 3;
– Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
B. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– BA degree is required with background relating to management, communication or social works; master degree is a plus;
– Experience in communication is needed; experience in NGO communication is preferred;
– Strategic thinking and analysis;
– High command of written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Design skills and professional use of design softwares like Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, etc.
– Work independent and professionally; good team work;
– High commitment with works.
Interested candidates can send questions or application (CV and resume letter) to email address: email@example.com with subject: SCO 2020_Name of the Applicant (e.g: SCO 2019 – Loan Le) as soon as posible. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted. The recruitment will be done on rolling basis. We may close the post if we find the suitable candidate shortly.