Job assignment: Support Communication and Event Manager to lead and coordinate the overall communication and network development strategies
Job title: Communication and Event Assistant
Expected time to start: From June 2022 (or sooner if possible)
Venue: Hanoi based with some travel to Hue, Danang, and Hochiminh city and other provinces and other countries when necessary
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organization established on March 05, 2008.
We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
MSD – United Way Vietnam is taking efforts to improve sustainable lives by mobilizing the caring power to the united partnership of an ecosystem for sustainable development
Slogan: Live United – Creating trends, leading changes
B. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS
1. Assignment purpose: The Communication and Event Assistant (CEA) will, with the assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to coordinate the overall communication and network development strategies to (i) promote the MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders through awareness raising, public relations, and campaigning; (ii) communicate MSD’s programs to targeted audiences; and (iii) manage communication database and resources
2. Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travel to Dong Anh, Bac Giang, Hue, Danang, and Hochiminh city and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Communication and Event Manager, Program Director, and MSD Executive Director.
4. Supervision: Interns, Volunteers.
5. Main responsibilities:
5.1 Promote MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders:
• Develop and manage relationships with media and build relationships with strategic communication partners/ collaborators;
• Develop and manage communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters, communication materials package, publications, events, etc.);
• Develop indicators for effective communication and quarterly report on the communication effectiveness;
• Develop branding initiatives to enhance MSD’s visibility and position in the CSO sector at national and international levels.
5.2. Communicate MSD’s programs to targeted audiences:
• Develop and deliver programs’ communication strategies and work plans consistency with the organization’s strategy;
• Coordinate innovative campaigns and organize events to promote public and multi-stakeholders understanding of the intervention programs;
• Develop and manage the communication database and library for the programs;
5.3. Other activities:
6. Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
7. Travel: This assignment requires travel to Hue, Danang, and Hochiminh city and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will be under MSD’s cost norm system.
– High potential of motivation to become MSD’s communication and event officer
– Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
– Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism
– Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders, and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– BA degree is required with a background relating to management, communication, or social work;
– At least 1 year of experience in communication is needed; experience in NGO communication is preferred;
– Strategic thinking and analysis;
– High command of written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Design skills and professional use of design software like Canva, Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, etc.
– Work independent and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to work.
Interested candidates can send questions or applications (CV and resume letter) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CEA 2022_Name of the Applicant (e.g: CEA 2022 – Loan Le) before 17.00 03.06.2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The recruitment will be done on a rolling basis. We may close the post if we find suitable candidates shortly.