Job title: Child and Youth Program Intern (CYPI)
Expected time to start: Beginning of Mid-October 2022
Venue: MSD Ha Noi Office
A. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS:
(1) Project Safer cities for girls: support Program Management Officer in implementing project activities, ensuring the goal of the project is cities of Vietnam are safer, friendly, and responsible for girls as well as vulnerable communities such as LGBTIQ+, women, etc. These activities include advocacy policies, training for state partners, and capacity building for communities and society through communication, dialogue, and various forms.
(2) Project Safe School Zone: support Program Management Officer in implementing activities to build facilities, soft skills, and training to improve knowledge on traffic safety and school safety for children, parents, schools, and authorities at all levels in Hanoi.
(3) Project STEMkidVN: support Program Management Officer in implementing activities to integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education into primary and secondary schools and inspire students in the rural and remote uplands of Vietnam to discover the excitement of science in Lao Cai province.
(4) Project ROTA: support Program Management Officer in coordinating a research project about the “Role and contribution of youth in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”.
(5) Youth Programme: support the Project Management Officer to connect and coordinate the MSD’s youth network, as well as increase the participation of young people, especially from disadvantaged groups in MSD projects/programs.
B. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– Graduated or final year of bachelor’s in social science, social works, or related fields;
– Experienced working with vulnerable communities, such as children, LGBTIQ+, people with disability, ethnic minorities, migrant people, and so on.
– High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Strategic thinking and analysis;
– Strong MS Office;
– Work independently and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to work. Being able to commit for at least 6 months.
Interested candidates can send questions or applications (CV and Cover Letter) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of: PI 2022_Name of the Applicant (e.g: PI 2022_Linh Pham) as soon as possible before 17.00, 14/10/2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We will give priority to early applications and will finish the recruitment when finding a suitable candidate.