A. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS:
1. Assignment purpose: The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) will, with the assistance of the team, support MSD Leadership to coordinate the overall communication and network development strategies to (i) promote the MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders through awareness-raising, public relations and campaigning; (ii) communicate MSD’s programs to a targeted audience; and (iii) manage communication database and resources
2. Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travels to Dong Anh, Bac Giang, Hue, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City, and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Program Director, and MSD Executive Director;
4. Supervision: Communication and event officers, Interns, and Volunteers.
5. Main responsibilities:
5.1 Promote MSD’s image and values to the multi-stakeholders:
• Develop and deliver MSD’s communication strategy and workplan;
• Develop and manage relationships with media and build relationships with strategic communication partners/ collaborators;
• Develop and manage communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters, communication materials package, publications, events, etc.);
• Develop indicators for effective communication and quarterly report on communication effectiveness;
• Develop branding initiatives to enhance MSD’s visibility and position in the CSO sector at the national and international levels.
5.2. Communicate MSD’s programs to the targeted audience:
• Develop and deliver programs’ communication strategies and workplan in consistence with the organization’s strategy;
• Coordinate innovative campaigns and organize events to promote public and multi-stakeholders understanding about the intervention programs;
• Develop and manage the communication database and library for the programs;
5.3. Manage the organization’s database and resources for communication purposes:
• Manage the customer database software of MSD
• Support the process of developing information database and resources for MSD and its programs;
• Promote and manage communication processes
5.4. Other activities:
• Coordinate communication officers, fellows and volunteers
• Provide interpretation and translation when necessary
6. Work plan: workplan of MSD strategy
This assignment requires travel to Hue, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will be under MSD’s cost norm system.
– Play a key role in MSD with a high potential of motivation to become MSD’s communication manager;
– Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
– Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grades 2 to 3;
– Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders, and experts;
– National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in related topics.
B. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– BA degree is required with a background relating to management, communication, or social work; master’s degree is a plus;
– Experience in communication is needed; experience in NGO communication is preferred;
– Strategic thinking and analysis;
– High command of written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
– Design skills and professional use of design software like Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, etc.
– Work independently and professionally; good teamwork;
– High commitment to work.
Interested candidates can send questions or applications (CV and resume letter) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: SCO 2020_Name of the Applicant (e.g: SCO 2019 – Loan Le) as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The recruitment will be done on a rolling basis. We may close the post if we find a suitable candidate shortly.