|Job assignment||Supporting Vietfamily program of MSD|
|Job title||Project officer|
|Expected time to start||From March 15th 2019|
|Grade||2 (in the grade level of MSD)|
|Venue||Hanoi based with some travel to Hue, Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces and other countries when necessary|
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organisation established on March 05, 2008.
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, where civil society plays as an effective independent actor/ partner with their own rights and the rights of marginalized and vulnerable communities are respected.
As a Vietnamese non-governmental organisation, MSD is taking efforts to enable environment for the development of civil society sector and to promote the rights of marginalised groups, especially children, youth, women and people with disabilities.
Slogan: We create values and achieve local impact in a niche market. We work effectively and efficiently through mutual learning, inspiring and innovative intervention.
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES: MSD is working based on shared values that we believe that not only our staff but also other partners are aiming at. They are
- Equitable partnerships
- Networking and solidarity
- Inclusion and People empowerment
- Good governance
- Innovative intervention
- Enable – to build capacity and promote CSO’s engagement in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advocate for CSOs’ enabling
- Partner – to promote Business engagement in CSR/CSV as well as SDGs and Child-freiendly principles sustainable development
- Educate and Intervene – to educate and promote the rights of children and youth and their families
Expected results: In 2019 – 2023, MSD focuses its efforts and resources in their main areas of results as the followings:
To support MSD team to achieve the best results, we are in need of a Project officer to support the organization to manage the Vietfamily program and do communication works for the program and MSD in general.
B. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS
1. Assignment purpose: to provide effective support for Vietfamily program manager to implement the development strategy of MSD in 2019 – 2023.
2. Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travels to Hue, Da Nang, Hochiminh city, and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
3. Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/coached by Vietfamily program director of MSD. The alternative manager when the program manager is out of the country is Vietfamily program manager.
4. Main responsibilities:
- Management and operation: Managing the implementation of projects/programs in Vietfamily program throughout project/program management cycle (design, develop plan, coordinating the implementation, monitoring and evaluation);
- Support event organization and communication of MSD in general,
- Support in MSD works in regional and international level of Child Rights Governance and Advocacy;
5. Work plan: workplan of MSD strategy and Vietfamily Strategy
This assignment requires travel to Hue/Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will under MSD’s cost norm system.
7. Reporting and job performance appraisal:
Reporting: The project officer will self-prepare his/her workplan and direct report to Vietfamily program manager on monthly basis his/her workplan and the level of completion; In addition to the monthly report, the half year and final year report will be required. The report form will also be provided;
Job performance appraisal: The job performance appraisal will be conducted annually as the appraisal system of MSD in alignment with this job assignment.
- Play as the key role in the “Vietfamily Program” and key role in MSD with high potential of motivation to become project manager; More information of MSD governance, including HR policy, Job description and Function matrix can be found here: http://msdvietnam.org/cam-nang-quan-tri-to-chuc/
- Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
- Competitive and transparent motivation and salary mechanism – this assignment is in grade 1-2;
- Learning and coaching opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
- National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in relating topics.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree in major relating to Strategy and Managemet, Project Management or Social work relating to Children and Family, Knowledge on CSOs and Child Rights issues in Vietnam.
- Skills: Have a leadership skill. Fluent in English in all 4 skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking; Good communication skill, computer skills;
- Working attitude: Creative, determined, results-oriented, self-management, ready to learn and to share
Interested candidates should send their CVs and resume in Engish to email: email@example.com, cc Ms. Anh Hai Nguyen (Vietfamily manager): firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of “PO 2019_(name of applicant)” (e.g: “PO 2019_ Anh Nguyen) as soon as possible. We will scan application and contact directly with appropriate candidate(s) from this job announcement is released on first come first serve basis. The deadline for application is March 15th 2019.
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD)
A: 6th, No 15 Yen Lang, Dong Da, Hanoi
T: (84-24)-6276 9056 – E: email@example.com