Job assignment: Supporting Executive Director of MSD
Job title: Intern – Director Assistant
Expected time to start: From March – June 2019 (Full-time)
Venue: Hanoi based with some travel to Hue, Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces and other countries when necessary
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese non-government organisation established on March 05, 2008.
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, where civil society plays as an effective independent actor/ partner with their own rights and the rights of marginalized and vulnerable communities are respected.
As a Vietnamese non-governmental organisation, MSD is taking efforts to enable environment for the development of civil society sector and to promote the rights of marginalised groups, especially children, youth, women and people with disabilities.
Slogan: We create values and achieve local impact in a niche market. We work effectively and efficiently through mutual learning, inspiring and innovative intervention.
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES: MSD is working based on shared values that we believe that not only our staff but also other partners are aiming at. They are
• Equitable partnerships
• Networking and solidarity
• Inclusion and People empowerment
• Good governance
• Innovative intervention
• Enable – to build capacity and promote CSO’s engagement in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advocate for CSOs’ enabling
• Partner – to promote Business engagement in CSR/CSV as well as SDGs and Child-friendly principles sustainable development
• Educate and Intervene – to educate and promote the rights of children and youth and their families
Expected results: In 2019 – 2023, MSD focuses its efforts and resources in their main areas of results as the followings:
To support Executive Director of MSD to manage her works to achieve the best results, we are in need of an Intern – Executive Director’s assistant
B. ASSIGNEMENT REQUESTS
B. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS
1/ Assignment purpose: to provide effective assistance to Executive Director of MSD to research and manage her work in short-term period of March – June 2019.
2/ Working location: mainly in Hanoi, some travels to Hue, Da Nang, Hochiminh city, and some other provinces and countries when assigned.
3/ Job assigned manager and technical supporter: direct report to and be supported/ coached by Executive Director of MSD – Ms. Linh Phuong Nguyen.
4/ Main responsibilities:
- Planning for the Director’s works, participating in her meetings/workshops with different partners and playing as her secretary;
- Providing supports in her works of phone answering and contacting, data analysis, note taking, presentation and speaking note preparation, report drafting and reviewing, translation as requested.
- Other works as requested.
The main program/ projects in need of Director’s assistant from March – June 2019 are:
- Researching on the current situation of Social Delivery Service Organization in Vietnam;
- Studying on Child rights and Business Principles practice of business in Vietnam;
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility of Business in Vietnam;
- Other child and youth development program;
5/ Work plan: workplan of MSD strategy and Vietfamily Strategy
This assignment may require travel to Hue/Danang and Hochiminh city and other provinces or other countries when necessary. The travel fee and perdiem will under MSD’s cost norm system.
7/ Reporting and job performance appraisal:
- Reporting: The assistant will self-prepare his/ her work plan and direct report to The Executive Director on monthly basis his/ her work plan and the level of completion; In addition to the monthly report, the half-year and final year report will be required. The report form will also be provided;
- Play as the key role in MSD and be treated as trustworthy colleague with high potential of motivation to become MSD official staff;
- Work and be coached directly with MSD director with opportunities to meet/deal with different leaders from government, business, NGOs, etc. in Vietnam;
- Working in the professional and healthy environment of MSD;
- Monthly stipend starting from 3,000,000 VNĐ
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree in major relating to Strategy and Management, Project Management, Researching and other relating issues.
- Skills: Have a leadership skill. Fluent in English in all 4 skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking; Good communication skill, computer skills;
- Working attitude: Creative, determined, results-oriented, self-management, ready to learn and to share
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter in Engish to email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc Ms. Linh Nguyen – email@example.com with subject of “Intern DA 2019_(name of applicant)” (e.g: “Intern DA 2019_ Huyen Nguyen) as soon as possible. We will scan application and contact directly with appropriate candidate(s) from this job announcement is released on first come first serve basis. The deadline for application is March 20th 2019.