Dear MSD’s readers,
Action for Vietnam Civil Society Organizations Development Alliance (CSA Vietnam) consists of individuals and CSOs working in Vietnam who are dedicated and share the common goals in capacity building and making contribution to policy development for an enabling environment for CSOs and protect the rights of marginalized groups in the society.
MSD would like to share with you an inspiring photo book named CSA Vietnam – An Inspiring and Advocacy Process.
(Download the full version here)
CSA Vietnam was established in March 2014 with the initial support from Policy Advocacy projects implemented by Research Center of Management and Sustainable Development (MSD) funded by the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF).
National Council includes all members of CSA Vietnam. The Coordination Committee (CC) consists of 11 seats, 6 of them are for focal points and alternatives (2 seats for each region) and 4 ones for 4 focal points of 4 intensive groups on Children and Youth, Gender and Women, People with Disabilities, and Migration and Workers, and 1 seat for National Secretariat who is responsible for overall coordination of the Alliance regarding working strategies and plans. Under the Coordination Committee, focal points and alternatives of the regions and intensive groups will collaborate and support other members in their regions and groups. MSD Vietnam (www.msdvietnam.org) has been elected as the Secretariat – Country Coordinator of CSA Vietnam for the 2016 – 2020 term.
The main goals are to:
- Advocacy to promote an enabling environment for CSOs in Vietnam in order to facilitate CSOs to actively participate in the development process
- Partner to develop strategies and implement policy advocacy activities to strengthen CSOs’ roles in policy advocacy, social feedback and policymaking;
- Share and partner to build capacity for members of CSA Vietnam on development effectiveness and policy advocacy;
- Enhance communication activities for policy advocacy for the members of CSA Vietnam and Vietnamese CSOs’ policy advocacy to policymakers, donors and press agencies;
- Partner to implement policy advocacy projects/ programs.